Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I think my life has reached a new low...

I have recently moved out ( I am 27 after all... it was more than time), so it was time to officially move my records to the ward I have been attending for the last 14 months. Then this happened...

On Sunday Rachel (a new roommate) and I went to new member meeting (which as a side note I find a complete inefficient use of time but that's another story). They make you sit in the big circle and introduce yourself, you know the drill. The person on your R had to ask you a question, so Rachel says "where do you like to travel ?". I know this is hard to believe but I storta froze b/c I couldn't think of what place I wanted to say. I am sure it was like 5 seconds but when you are in that situation you feel like it's 2 minutes b/c everyone is staring etc. So I went with " well my dream is to go to a Final Four game and see every baseball stadium in the country". To which some boy in the corner says "when you do that, will  you call me ?". I laugh and we go on.

I then look @ said boy and think "he's not too horrible, perhaps this can be my in". He then goes and says " I just got home from the Georgia Macon Mission". To which I think " of course you did, you are a baby". I then have to ask him a question (as he is sitting behind me on a table so I guess that was to my R). I say " is Statesboro in that mission (even though I already know it is) ?" and he replies "yes, it is".  I feel like that is a pretty random question to just ask so I follow it up with " I lived there for 6 months". A boy yells out " I think there is a connection going on, I sense a date". To which Mr. " I JUST got home" says (loudly, to this whole room) " well, yeah, she's kinda cute"

I then turn bright red while everyone else laughs nervously. So there you go, I am now getting shot down by boys a good 6 years younger then me... great..

No comments:

Post a Comment