Thursday, September 9, 2010

I think that this band is on to something...

As I sit here wasting time as I am prone to do (especially when I am off track), I have been listening the cd "Even If It Kills Me", by the Motion City Soundtrack. If you have not heard this cd, get it, it has turned into one of my top 5 favorite cds. In this day and age it's RARE to find a cd that you can listen to all the way through, and this is one of those. But I digress...

Any friend who knows me well knows that I often say the phrase "this song is so true". Well this song is no exception. I will try to link it in here but if that doesn't work (as is likely) here are the lyrics that really make an impression.

"I'll get lost, messed up and bored when I'm alone too long
I can't sleep, function or eat when I'm not with someone"  


"What if it was you?
You that I needed all along
I felt like a fool,
Kicking and screaming and pretending we were wrong
"

"What a disaster it would be if you discovered that I cared
A little too much for friends but not enough to share
"

  Don't you wish boys really felt that way... how cute is that ? Of course songs like that just make us hold on to those pathetic hopes we have that boys really do think things like that. So Motion City Soundtrack, please stop feeding into girls insane wishes... but go back to making cd's like this. Your newest is too angry and I don't enjoy it as much.



No comments:

Post a Comment